CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Kisses, Drunken Shenanigans, and Mystery Bruises

The results of New Years Eve...drunken shenanigans. Twas a superb night to say the least. We arrived at the concert at around 11 which only gave us an hour to reach the desired level of inebriation. Obviously this meant that double-fisting the booze was necessary. So, like the classy bitches we are, we walked around with two drinks each.

The second band was playing when midnight started to approach. When the band announced that it was 11:55, I found myself in the line-up to get my next round of 2 drinks. BFF1 was standing with her crush, DB was standing next to Girl Version, I found myself in the best possible place for avoiding the 5th Wheel New Years Kiss Scenario. Also, there was no fucking way I was getting out of that goddamn line up. I had already waited for 20 or so minutes and was not leaving without booze. So the countdown begins and I'm watching BFF1 and her crush out of the corner of my eye (I was excited for her!) and when the everyone yells "Happy New Year!" Bff1 ran over and kissed me. I think this goes without saying (but maybe it doesn't), I'm not the girl that kisses girls for the sake of male attention...this kiss was simply a friend kiss and I appreciated the gesture. She did end up kissing her crush on the cheek after that, he definitely blushed and grinned.

So later on in the night, BFF1's crush was super drunk and suggested tequila shots. Since we were at a hall sorta thing, the bar at this place wasn't exactly stocked and they had run out of tequila. Our shot choices were gin, rum and whiskey. Whiskey was the winner and shots ensued. Quite a few shots ensued. Shortly after the shots; drinks were dropped, Drunk Amanda fell (so many times), snowball fights broke out, and we found a pizza place that was open! We ate pizza and I'm pretty sure it's the only reason I didn't feel like dying this morning.

So there it was, my New Years Eve all summed up into a few short paragraphs. All in all, good night! However, I woke up this morning with so many fucking bruises (probably from all the falling). Both of my knees are swollen and black, I have a few huge ones on my ass, one on my hip and many many more. I hate mystery bruises!

So now I'm sitting here, deciding that I was glad I didn't ditch them. Also, it was a good last hurrah before the booze ban. Oh and I've only had 2 smokes today (leftover from last night) and they were both this morning. I'm kind of going fucking crazy right now but I'm proud of myself for staying strong all day.

HAPPY 2009!

0 comments: