CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, May 4, 2009

Wasn't expecting this...

I was feeling really kinda lonely the other night and although I'm a little against the whole internet dating thing, I hopped on the Plentyoffish bandwagon for a few moments just to check it out.

So I checked out a few profiles. Number 1, totally my style. Tall (so he claims), dark, scruffy, handsome, tattoos. Good music taste, into outdoorsy things. And yet, somehow not enough. Number 2, a little shorter than I normally like but still acceptable. Music was a little off my taste but nothing I can't handle. Really into tattoos and really into that sexy manly stuff like cars and camping. But apparently not worth my time. This goes on for a few more profiles. Perfectly acceptable, date-worthy boys that I didn't seem interested in.

I started to question whether or not I had the guts to put myself out there on something like this. But then I went back and looked at a few profiles over again and I started picking out things that weren't good enough. I started comparing every profile. I came to the realization, shortly after this that none of these guys were good enough because they weren't G. *sigh* I thought I was over him. Of course I completely pushed him out of my life and I stopped letting myself think about him so how was I supposed to know that I was still in major like with him. FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!

2 comments:

Young woman on a journey said...

its weird cause people say that you should date and date and date some more when you are trying to get over someone. but can you really date if you are picking out all the things the person is not. and is it fair to others if you date with someone in your heard? guess what i'm saying is you should probably take some time to sort through those feelings...then try to get back on the scene.

Nina said...

you've learned a lesson most women approaching their 30s still haven't accepted yet.

let your heart heal first before jumping in there.

why, because the new relationship will turn into the old relationship if you're not ready.

hold your head up. you won't be alone forever...