CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Maybe a new "name" is in order

So last night I planned to hang out with one of my very best friends (we'll call her BFF1). We go to the coffee shop to get some tea and she calls her love interest (who is DB's very best friend) to see what he is up to. The 3 of us plan to go to the movies. We are on our way to pick him up when my girly gets a call from the one and only DB and tells us to go out to the city to this bar for a concert. Since none of us were that keen on going to the movies anyways, we drive the hour+ to this pub.

DB shows up with his pseudo girlfriend (or perhaps they're just fucking, they were dating at one point but who the fuck knows what's going on now) shortly we arrived sporting his new blue mohawk. Okay, the blue mohawk thing was HOT when I was 16 but now he kinda looks a little goofy. I make nice with his girlfriend, who looks JUST LIKE HIM! and to top it off, she has the exact same mannerisms, voice (although slightly higher) and obnoxiousness to her. She's also very sweet and we got on quite well. Anyways, pseudo girlfriend goes off to hang out with her friends and BFF1 and her crush start having their usual in depth conversation that no one is allowed to interrupt. So DB and I start chatting. He was being such a nice guy last night. He thoroughly surprised me. There was no insulting or glaring or teasing even. It was all good. Not back to normal but I think we are getting there. We made plans to hang out on Christmas (go to Denny's, drink tea and eat pie...that's what we did last yr) and he invited me to a concert on New Years. Whether I go or not is up in the air, we'll see how he acts between now and then.

All in all, a good night. I haven't had a GOOD night in a long time. I love that I was mostly sober and still had an amazing time. I also love that DB didn't force me to be cranky and bitchy.

So...dare I rename him? I'm probably jumping the gun a little. DB will remain DB at least a little while longer.

0 comments: