CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, March 16, 2009

10pm Grilled Cheese

It's Monday night, 10:20pm and I'm sitting in front of my computer with a beer and a grilled cheese. Why am I telling you this? Because the most excitement I have in my life is late night grilled cheese sandwiches and a bottle of cheap (yet, delicious) beer. How sad is that?

Actually, something exciting did happen in the last few days. One of my very close friends from Ontario came down to visit. This friend of mine used to date DB a long, long time ago. They broke up, and remained friends. When she visits she usually spends 90% of her time with him, about 7% with her family, and the remaining 3% with me and a few other friends. I wondered how it would be this time because all the other times she's visited, DB has been single. This time however, he's with Girl Version now and they're doing really well (and as far as I'm concerned, I hope they stay together forever!) So it's really no surprise that he hasn't made an effort to see her since she's come down. This left ample amounts of time for her to spend with me...except, I CAN'T HANDLE MUCH MORE OF HER!!!

I feel like a bad friend because I'm getting so friggin' annoyed with her and I haven't seen her in over a year. She has a tendency to mother me though. It bothers me a lot, but when it's over the phone, I can just zone out. When it's in person though...ughhh annoyed. It's not like I don't respect my friends advice, it's just that she mother's me about the most ridiculous things and it often feels like she thinks she knows more about everything because she is a few years older.

I love the girl to death, but her being down here, makes me feel like I have to entertain her. And then when we go out to one of the 3 bars, she complains about how lame it is in this town (like it was a surprise to her...uh you lived here for 22 years you should know what it's gonna be like) and sorta makes me feel like it's my fault. It's not like we haven't had fun, I think I can only handle so much of her though. She seems like she's expecting me to entertain her while she's down. She has other friends out here, and her family lives out here so I really wasn't expecting to have her attached at my hip the whole time.

I managed to get away the rest of tonight, and I'm feeling a little better but I still needed to vent. So, do you think I'm a bad friend?

end rant.

1 comments:

Young woman on a journey said...

you are not a bad friend. hey, there are some people you can spend a lot of time with and some people you can't. and i know its worse when you are like the back up plan you know.