CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Engaged....pffffft to that

So I found out quite recently that horrible ex is now engaged...to the slutbag that he cheated on me with. Engaged!

I realize the "slutbag" comment sounds like I'm bitter, but in my defense, she's a self proclaimed slut. So really, all I'm doing is giving her the lack of respect she asked for when she told us one time about getting gang-banged at a party. Of course that comment was made before she was sleeping with my then-boyfriend.

I dislike my ex. I even disliked him before we broke up and before I found out that he'd been cheating on me. I'm not pining over him. That being said, I do care about the fact that he's engaged. It's affecting me for some reason.

I'm trying really hard not to be affected by this but I am...fuck, am I ever. The irrational girl side of me is screaming "I couldn't even be good enough for a douchebag like him!"

Maybe my being affected by it has to do with the fact that I've had a major lack of relationships in the past year+ (G doesn't count as a relationship). I think this whole thing has caused a major self esteem implosion. I feel totally inadequate at the moment, like I'll never be good enough for anyone and I'll turn into a crazy cat lady (or at least a crazier cat lady.)

I'm no longer sure how I feel about karma. If karma was real then wouldn't I be the one in a relationship and he'd be the one sitting at home wondering if he's good enough to be with anyone.

4 comments:

ColeyMarie said...

Gotta love the girls that love admitting they're sluts for the attention.

I think it's hard not to be affected when you hear things like your ex is doing well... but look on the bright side..

My ex of two years also got engaged to the girl he cheated on me with. Six months after the engagement, they are no longer together and from what I hear, he is now miserable and alone.

Not that I would wish that on anyone but well... finding that out made me smile. It's also a good reason to believe in karma!

Your ex may still get his.

Young woman on a journey said...

girl...

I have been where you are. I completely understand what you are saying. You are absolutely not crazy for feeling that way.

However, DO NOT THINK THAT YOU COULDN'T GET A DOUCHEBAG LIKE HIM. i'm speaking from experience. Pretty soon, you'll be like "dang, i'm glad i didn't end up with a douchebag like him." you'll realize that you want more, you deserve more, and things didn't come on your time, but they'll come when they are supposed to.

The best you can do for them and yourself is to wish them well (although it probably won't end well)and know in your heart that the right person will come along at the right time. Its the only way for you not to expend energy that they don't deserve.

♥ H ♥ said...

I feel the SAME way! Why am I the one NOT in a good relationship and still getting dicked around when these assholes are all happy in love? They're the ones who were the dirt bags, not me. Don't worry..one day someone WILL come along and all this will be a memory and you can look back and luagh. Never think you're not good enough, karma takes time. I have a feeling my prince charming was on his way to find me but took a wrong turn, got lost and is too stubborn to ask for directions. Your prince charming is probably in the same car =]

Nina said...

you are good enough. he's the idiot that will soon find..you cant turn a ho into a housewife..hoes dont act right. lol